Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gabrielle's Birthday

      So yesterday was Gabrielle's 9th birthday, and I think the best one so far. I always struggle this time of year ( you think it would get easier  after 9 years) but I did manage to keep myself pretty busy with Thanksgiving & other things this month. I always feel like we should to something to celebrate this day so we always have a cake & let the kids blow out the candles, and since we have been back in Utah we go to the cemetary & visit. But I really wanted to feel closer to her this year so me & Troy went to the temple.We had my Mom & Dad come during school & watch the kids & do all of the dropping off & picking up that we do. I was really thinking it would be nice to do sealings & when we walked in they had the sign up saying they needed proxies for them so I was excited. I have to say, next to our sealing day, this was my best temple day. While we were there I just prayed that I would be able to feel her spirit. ( Troy always says he would like to see her, & looks for her )
I felt the most intense happiness, that I know was her. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life that I have the opportunity to help other people to have eternal families. It was the best to seal other families together on her day. We met a woman who goes there everyday, & is there most of the day, what a great example. I would love to be able to feel like that everyday. I am looking forward to be able to go back again & can't wait for the day that I am able to serve more.

4 comments:

  1. Greyson would be 9 next month! I didn't realize they were so close in age! I always feel the closest to Greyson in the temple, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and wonderful post. Thanks so much for reminding us of the wonderful blessings the temple and eternal families give to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful experience for you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can still remember it all, I still have her picture next to my bed. I don't think you ever knew that. She was a special angel who brought us closer. Love you and think of you all the time. Its so awesome to see how far you guys have come. Love you all. I found your blog today so I am so excited to see it all. Corriann

    ReplyDelete